Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Garden Update

This picture doesn't seem as clear as I'd like. This is Aidan behind some huge leaves. During rainy season some leaves get huge!

The marigolds are mostly red and orange with a few odd yellow's mixed in. I can honestly say this is the first time in my life that I actually like marigolds - the way they look!




As you can see the marigolds grew really well. As my mom says, "they're hardy." They are also supposed to repel mosquitos. If you're familiar with them you know why. They have been a nice splash of color around my laundry drying shed.







Here is some of our garden produce. We've been enjoying some yummy green beans, soy beans and a lone cucumber. The green and soy beans have been our best crop! Right now the local produce in season is squash, cucumber (sometimes), corn (not quite like the sweet corn back home).









1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the garden update. I'm glad you are reaping some fruit from your labors. Take care. Love, Aunt Sue