Sunday, October 21, 2007

Autumn

Autumn is one of my favorite seasons. Here is Guinea, we don't really have seasons. Mainly just dry season and rainy season. Each has different characteristics at different times. Right now we do see some things that remind me of fall. It's the harvest time, there are a lot of gourd or squash type vegetables. The nights and early mornings are cooler. Anyways all that to say I've tried to bring a bit of autumn into our house. As you'll see in the pictures below.

These are all squash/gourds that I've bought from the village.


The white one looks just like a pumpkin.

A couple weeks ago we celebrated Canadian Thanksgiving with some fellow Canadians.

A sign I made for our door.


We had a great meal complete with turkey, stuffing and pumpkin (squash) pies.









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That turkey looks really yummy. Where did you get together to eat? Your fall decorations look nice too. Our leaves are at peak color, not the brightest I've seen but some nice color here and there.