Monday, February 1, 2010

Snakes and other things.

This week was not uneventful.  Early in the week I (Pete) was out locking up the school etc at night and almost rode my bike over a 4-5 foot Night Viper.  I called the guard over who quickly disposed of it and then I ran to get a camera for proof of this snake.  You can see pictures below.  This past weekend we were off to the beach Saturday to celebrate a co-workers son’s birthday.  It was a great time together with friends at the beach.  Aidan says it is one of his most favorite beaches to go to.  He enjoyed looking for crabs and shells and small fish that got trapped in the pools of water when the tide went out.  Elianna had a blast playing in the sand and water also.  Ian also had a good time playing in the water and sand.  Faith and I enjoyed having some downtime just relaxing-Faith in the sun and I in the shade.  Also I played some tackle football in the water with 3 other dads and 5 kids.  Last week ended on a sad note as a guard from Conakry died.  He had been suffering from an illness for a while and passed away leaving a pregnant wife with two kids behind him.  The unfortunate thing of it all is that he died going to an eternity separated from God.  Although many of us will miss him it is a tragedy that we will not see him again in heaven.  Pray for those working to learn languages, translate scripture and teach Gods word to those here who do not know him.  Pray for us in our relationships with Guineans that we would model Christ’s love in our lives and that it would be his love that is our motivation for service. 

Posted via email from glimpsesofguinea's posterous

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.