Thursday, January 17, 2008

Milestones

Our little boy is growing up. Just this past week he started riding a bike on his own without training wheels. He's doing great but still getting the hang of starting and using the breaks. I thought there would be a lot of tears and scrapes since we have no soft areas (aka grass etc) to ride on. He's done great, I think since he's cautious so far he hasn't had any major wipe outs!
Here he is riding by himself. This is a great place to ride. There's a lot of room and not much traffic. The cons are it's hard dirt and gravel!

Pete started out running behind and holding onto the seat and handlebars. Gradually he let go and just ran alongside. At first, I don't think Aidan even realized Pete wasn't holding on.

Aidan's been talking a lot about what he's going to do when he grows up. He's quite sure that he wants to be a policeman, probably in the states near Grammie and Grandpa. He did say that he might be a policeman here, but I said I wasn't sure if that would work or not. Another thing he has sort of decided is that he isn't going to get married! It's great being 5 and being the mother of a 5 year old. Here's a snippet of a conversation we had the other day, "Mom, I was talking to Daniel and he's not going to get married either. We think that we might live together." Daniel is his best buddy here. They play together as much as possible.





2 comments:

Liz Ferguson said...

Hi Faith,
Thanks for "stopping by" the other day. It's so fun to reconnect with old friends from NTBI. :)

You guys have a beautiful family! Thanks for sharing your blog with me. I look forward to reading about what is going on in your lives.

God bless!
Elizabeth Ferguson

Anonymous said...

Faith,
Danielle here (from St.Thomas)just wanted to let you know I love looking at your pictures and hearing what you guys are up to. I can't believe how big the kids are getting, and I absolutely love the picture on the title of your blog. Could you send me your e-mail address when you get a chance. Ours is pollnows@hotmail.com. All the best!