Thursday, August 9, 2007

Green Eggs

I really like eggs. They're so versatile and good for you. Here in Guinea we consider them one of our quick meals. An omelet in a pita bread. Our eggs are farm fresh as well. We don't have fancy options like buying egg white already separated in a container or eggs stamped with omega 3 on them. Sometimes it's hard to tell if your eggs are good or not. In the time that we've been here I've seen and smelled my share of bad eggs. I'm not talking about mildly bad eggs, oh they're bad. Green and brown inside! I need to get into the habit of testing them in water to see if they're good. Mainly though you can smell them if they're bad! It's nasty. Sometimes they've sat out in the sun too long. It's very hard to tell. Anyways hope this brings some humor to your day, sometimes it can make me really mad if 4 out of 6 eggs is bad and I'm having a bad day. Twice in the past two weeks I've gone to my egg bowl to be greeted with a foul smell and one time with maggots on the eggs. That time I just threw out the 4 I had left! C'est la vie en Guinee. It's life in Guinea.

1 comment:

Mr. Pollnow said...

Hey guys! I found your site off a link on the Wise's website! It's so exciting to see the pictures and hear the stories of what life is like for you. I can't believe how big the kids have gotten! Looking forward to keeping up with your ministry now! - Danielle